For the dressing
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper
For the salad
1 large, ripe avocado (peeled, pitted, and cut in slices)
2 cups fresh apple (peeled, cored, and diced)
2 cups fresh mango (diced)
2 cups fresh blueberries (rinsed and drained)
1 5-ounce package (8 cups) salad greens
2 tablespoons chopped chives or green onion
2 tablespoons toasted walnuts (coarsely chopped)
1. Whisk together all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Place avocado, apple, mango, and blueberries in a medium bowl and toss with 1/4 cup of dressing.
3. Toss salad greens in large bowl with the rest of the dressing. Then, distribute the dressed greens evenly on six salad plates.
4. Place an equal portion of the fruit-avovado mixture on top of each plate of greens.
5. Sprinkle each plate with chopped chives and toasted walnuts to serve.
Recipe adapted from Fruits & Veggies More Matters