- 2 cans (15 ounces) black-eyed peas or black beans (try a mix, or other types)
- 1 1/2 cups corn (canned and drained, frozen, or fresh-cooked)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch green onions (5 green onions)
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 avocado (optional)
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar or lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Drain and rinse the black-eyed peas (or black beans) and corn.
- Finely chop the cilantro and green onions.
- Dice the tomatoes and avocado.
- Combine all veggies in a large bowl.
- Mix oil, vinegar or lime juice, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Pour oil mixture over salad ingredients and toss lightly.
- Refrigerate leftovers within two hours.
Recipe adapted from Food Hero, Oregon State University