6 whole-grain lasagna sheets 1 tablespoon salt plus 1/4 teaspoon (divided) 1/4 cup olive oil 1 small onion (diced) 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped) 1/4 cup water 2 small eggplants (peeled and diced) 2 small carrots (diced) 1 red sweet pepper (seeded and diced) 18 black olives (pitted and finely chopped) 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves (finely chopped)1 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheesse (divided) 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add 1 tablespoon of the salt. Then add lasagna sheets. Cook until lasagna is tender (about 7 minutes). Drain, and allow the lasagna cool on a flat surface.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan over moderate heat, warm the olive oil. Add the onion, garlic, water, eggplants, carrots, sweet pepper, olives, cilantro, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook until the vegetables are tender (about 8 minutes). Stir occasionally.
- On a work surface, spread about 2 tablespoons of the eggplant filling over each lasagna noodle. Using about half of the total amount, divide the cheese among the lasagna noodles. Starting with the edge closest to you, roll each lasagna noodle tightly then secure with a toothpick.
- Place the lasagna rolls in a large baking dish and cover each one with some tomato sauce and the reserved cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is golden (15-20 minutes).