- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds baby carrots, cleaned and rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, from 1/2 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped; or chives
- Place the baby carrots in a medium saucepan. Cover with water and add 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and continue cooking for about 15 minutes, or until tender but firm. Check for doneness after 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a sauté pan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the honey and brown sugar and cook, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the lemon juice and stir in the cooked carrots, coating well.
- Gently stir until carrots are hot and glazed with the honey mixture.
- Add kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Plate and, if desired, garnish with chopped parsley or chives.
If you don’t have time to be near the stove, follow these steps:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Blanch the carrots in boiling water with salt for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix melted butter, honey, sugar, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
- Add the carrots to the butter and mix well. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Bake, covered, for 15 minutes and uncovered for an extra 10.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.